San Antonio Indoor Air Quality Specialists
Purify The Air You Breathe In Your Home
When your home has accumulated large amounts of dust, using any AC or heating system can result in the dust being spread across your home. This means that all of the dust mites, pet dander, fungi, bacteria, and other allergens and irritants are being distributed throughout your home, and potentially making you and your family sick.
There are several ways for homeowners to combat these issues, however, each of which begins with calling in our San Antonio air quality experts at Air Care & Canyon Lake Air Conditioning in Canyon Lake and beyond.
Contact our San Antonio air quality experts today to find out how to ensure the air your family is breathing is clean and safe!
Options For Improving Your Indoor Air Quality In San Antonio
Air Care & Canyon Lake Air Conditioning provides a number of services that can help improve your indoor air quality.
To Begin Improving Your Home’s Air Quality & Your Health, Consider:
- Air duct cleaning: When dust and debris build up in your ductwork, it can result in that contaminated air being perpetually circulated throughout your home. By ensuring it is clean on a regular basis, you can eliminate this potential source of respiratory symptoms!
- Regular maintenance: Not only do these visits help to extend the longevity of your system, but it also gives us the opportunity to find and fix ventilation issues before they get worse.
- Filtration: Every heating and cooling system is equipped with filtration, but they may not work entirely as you would like. Our Canyon Lake indoor air quality specialists can install an additional filtration system on top of your existing heating, and AC set up, removing a greater variety of contaminants.
What You Can Do On A Day-To-Day Basis
There are many things that homeowners can do with little or no cost to further minimize issues with air quality in San Antonio. When you keep your home clean, for example, by mopping floors, and vacuuming, you limit what can make its way into the air. There are some additional steps that you can also take to help improve your home’s air quality.
How To Improve Indoor Air Quality
- Control Dust Mites: Use anti-dust mite covers and wash your sheets in hot water at least once a week (130 degrees is recommended).
- Eliminate Mold Sources: Fix leaky pipes and keep your bathrooms grout clean.
- Stay Smoke-Free: Avoid non-ventilated, smoky rooms and second-hand smoke to keep those related pollutants from the home.
- Avoid Pet Dander: Keep pets off the furniture, out of the bedroom, and if necessary, consider having the pet stay outside.
- Close Doors And Windows: Keep windows and doors shut to keep outdoor pollens, molds, and irritants outside.
- Invest In Indoor Plants: Certain plants, such as bamboo, aloe vera, and countless others, have air cleaning properties.
- Clean And Replace Your Air Filters: Dirty filters negatively affect the air quality within your home and can even exasperate allergies, so make sure to routinely replace these.
- Install A Whole-House Air Cleaning System: One of the most effective ways to improve your indoor air quality is to get an air cleaning system, such as Trane CleanEffects™, which removes airborne particles and allergens too tiny for your nose and mouth to filter naturally.
If you are worried about the air quality in your home, call our team of San Antonio indoor air quality specialists at (210) 495-3555. For our Canyon Lake customers, we can be reached at (830) 964-2211.
Trevor..Took me from a Nighmare to Dreamstate- Douglas Campbell
We want to say thank you for the great job!- Beverly Campbell
Trevor is very knowledgeable, professional, caring, and detailed oriented. Love his service!- Ted Yost
In Appreciation of Trevor - Thank you.- Bonnie Jensen
Job well done!- Bill White