If you struggle with allergies and asthma, there are some certain steps you can take to improve your home’s air quality to help alleviate your symptoms.
How to Fight Allergies and Asthma
- Control Dust Mites: Use anti-dust mite covers and wash sheets in hot water at least once a week; 130 degrees is recommended.
- Eliminate Mold Sources: Fix leaky pipes and keep bathroom grout clean.
- Stay Smoke-Free: Avoid non-ventilated, smoky rooms and second-hand smoke.
- Avoid Pet Dander: Keep pets off the furniture, out of the bedroom, and if necessary, consider taking the pet out of the home.
- Close Doors And Windows: Keep windows and doors shut to keep outdoor pollens, molds, and irritants outside.
Install A Whole-House Air Cleaning System
One of the most effective ways to improve your indoor air quality and help with allergies is to get an air cleaning system, such as Trane CleanEffects™, which removes airborne particles and allergens too tiny for your nose and mouth to filter naturally.
In addition to taking steps to control allergens in the home, you should always see an allergist to determine the cause of your symptoms. An allergy specialist can run a series of simple blood or skin tests to determine if your asthma symptoms are allergy-related.
Trust Air Care & Canyon Lake Air Conditioning With Your Air Quality Needs
Air Care & Canyon Lake Air Conditioning is home to certified Trane Comfort Specialists. Estimates are always FREE so it costs nothing to ask the professionals, and we even offer financing options through Wells Fargo for your service needs. Contact us to perform maintenance or repair to your system at (210) 495-3555.