Between work, family responsibilities, and trying to find some free time, it’s difficult to add another item to your list of things to do. But your annual HVAC maintenance appointment should always be something you make room for!
If you’re not convinced, here is our expert opinion on why this is an appointment you need to keep and what could happen if you don’t.
Higher Energy Bills
An HVAC system that has been left without maintenance for a while will have a harder time doing its job. The settled dust in coils and ducts will make it difficult to pump out the correct temperatures. And to make up for the lukewarm air, your system will work harder and longer to match the number set on your thermostat.
Forgotten maintenance is a common mistake that will rack up your bills. Make sure that doesn’t happen to you by having a technician regularly check-in.
Poor Indoor Air Quality
Dirt and grime that gather in your system affect not only your energy efficiency but also your air quality. Poor air quality can lead to allergies and other respiratory problems over time. In addition to regular maintenance checks, here are some steps you can take to improve your indoor air quality at home:
- Control Dust Mites - Keep dust mites at bay by washing your sheets in hot water at least once a week.
- Diminish Mold Sources - Fix leaky pipes and clean bathroom grout to avoid mold growth.
- Open the Windows- Letting a breeze flow in will move fresh, clean air throughout the house.
- Pet Dander Clean-Up - Keep pets off the furniture as much as possible and clean fur off of surfaces often.
- Add Some Plants - Different kinds of ivy and bamboo palms are known to help clean out your air. Plus, they look great in any room!
- Keep Air Moving- Utilize your kitchen and bathroom vents to circulate the air in those rooms and prevent the build-up of moisture.
- Replace Air Filters - Your air filters gather everything you don’t want in your air, and as the grime builds up on them, they become less efficient. They should be replaced at least every three months.
We are proud to provide our customers with the REME HALO® air purification system. This system has been shown to reduce viruses by over 99%. Our technicians are experts with installing and maintaining these systems which helps keep your home free of infectious pathogens. Learn more about REME HALO® here.
Other Maintenance Issues
A lack of maintenance will take its toll on your HVAC system, ultimately causing one or more of the following issues:
- Clogged Drains - Condensation drains can become clogged with debris and will cause water to pool and create leaks.
- Refrigerant Leaks - These will result in hissing sounds and your unit struggling to do its job.
- Fire Hazards - Frayed and loose wires can easily catch fire under the right conditions.
These mishaps are all preventable by expert technicians, and regular check-ups will lower the cost of additional repairs needed down the line.
Shorter System Life Span
As we’ve said, poorly maintained systems will become less efficient over time. With these machines working harder, new issues arise, causing the need for more repairs that grow increasingly more expensive.
By scheduling routine HVAC maintenance, you allow our experts to get to know your system, identify the issue, and not only fix that issue, but perform preventative maintenance as well. This will avoid anything that looks like it may cause a problem before your next appointment.
Call Us Today!
Have peace of mind this year by scheduling your HVAC maintenance appointment today. Call Air Care & Canyon Lake Air Conditioning at (210) 495-3555 or contact us online.